Friday, December 12, 2008

Trans-Siberian Fun

We went recently to Greensboro to enjoy the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas concert. And it was thrilling! The guitars wailed, the violins danced and the drums thundered for a riveting 2.5 hour show.

As I understand it the TSO uses the largest set up of lights, lasers, pyrotechnics and effects of any major traveling act.

And I'd believe it!

To introduce the principal guitar and violin players, they were lowered on platforms as they played seemingly out of the sky onto the stage. Even the large metal frames that were hanging above the stage supporting other lights were movable. They were laced with lights and often moved up, down, tilted and curved in different directions to add to the show (see left).









My favorite part was probably the fire (see upper right). At one point is was so hot you could feel the heat way back in the upper section where my wife and I were seated.

We got really cheap tickets so it was definitely worth the money. I would recommend The TSO to just about anyone and I hope to see them again!

No comments: