Friday, February 12, 2010

Birthday Toes

Heather loves getting pedacures. Everytime, along with getting her toes painted, she comes home raving about the lower-leg massage which is part of the process. I, myself, have never been interested.


However, one of my recent birthday presents from her was in fact a trip to Hands on Spa for a pedicure. And she was right, the leg massage and little foot hot tub were quite soothing to my over-walked, often neglected feet and calves. The tiny Asian lady clipped and cleaned my toe nails, scrubbed my feet smooth and took great care doing it.


But I didn't want to just stop there, no, I wanted the full experience. So, I picked out my favorite color of toe nail polish and gave it to her to go to work.


As you can see, my toes are now Carolina blue in support of my Alma-mater, the Tar Heels. And because it was my birthday, she hand painted a flower design on my big toes just to add a bit of flare!

Don't be jealous!


One person said that I'm engaging in a bit of "gender bending." I thought I was just enjoying my birthday. I am hoping, however, to connect with my basically-a-brother-in-law, Lance, who similarly painted his toe nails at Christmas (only his were, I think, in support of the Buckeyes).

3 comments:

Robert L said...

OMG. I am, Indeed jealous. Wish the place was open while we were up there. Oh well. I guess I am going to have to take Anna out sometimes and then I can get mine painted as well. Smiling so big right now. Great post.

Cynthia said...

You have a huge space between your big toe and the rest!!!! I have never seen such a thing!

The Rev. Vicki K. Hesse said...

can you get your friend to post a photo of the buckeye toenails, too? maybe we can have a toe-off!