Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Outside

Here's a poem that I authored a while back when we spent some time outside and were asked to reflect on it. Where is God when you're sitting with the trees, the grass, water and the sky? The picture is from the interweb, though it does resemble a place I visited which served as poetic inspiration.

Enjoy.

I see trees with green
blades of grass
bushes and leaves.
I see God’s favorite colors.

I see blue sky when I look at the water,
silhouetting my own distorted reflection
dancing in the pond of nature’s lowest common denominator.
I see God’s caricature of me hanging in the sky.

I feel the wind with a tinge of warmth
engulfing everything ubiquitously tight
like Ol’ Mother’s sponge holds water.
I feel we are all connected.

I hear the percussive plinking sound of water on rock
and then again on water
orchestrated with the overture of a breeze.
I hear the Divine’s symphony.

I like this poem because I see God as both the creature of nature, but perhaps also as nature itself. Whatever the case, I experience God as I experience God's creation.

Be blessed.

No comments: