Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nicknames

This blog post and idea are unabashedly stolen from my sister's recent blog, which you can read here. I thought her's was so cute, I just had to do one.

Our dogs are loved, that’s for sure. Recently, we came up with this list of all his various names that they have. They know them all, too.


Dakota
Dakota Bear
Bear-Bear
Coda
Coda-Bear: combination of the previous two
Daco-Taco: a name assigned by my my brother and his girlfriend
Bouder-bouders (pronounced "boo-ders")
Cocanut (head): a favorite of my father-in-law
Baders: (pronounced "bay-ders") Random derivaition from Bouders.
Butters: a mal-derivation of bouders (my brother never understood this one
Cocoa


Lola
Lola Bug
Buggy-Bug: Lola pushing a shopping cart
Bug
LOOooola (Big exaggerated "O" sound at beginning)
Lola-Cola: also from brother and girlfriend
Bone head
Buggie: an infantilization of the "bug" surname.
(Sometimes I call her "Vet Bill")


Things we call the pair of them:
The girls
Pup-pups
Babies
Bubbies: yet another degradation from the previous
Puptons: stolen adopted terminology from my sister, her boyfriend and their dog

Our dogs are loved and lovers. I can't, literally cannot, look at them without cracking at least the smallest smile. They make life better, and that's a fact. They're our own little four-legged therapists. And they are definitely man's (and woman's) best friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can add to the "pair" list. They are my "Grands" ... as in grand dogs!! Momma T (or Ona to them!!)

Erin Miller said...

This post almost made me like animals. :)

Audrey said...

Aww, puptons! (-:

The Rev. Vicki K. Hesse said...

doggy-ONEs!