Monday, September 22, 2008

I TUBE, DO YOU TUBE?

Like many others I have recently been frustrated with the lack of content on one of the internet's favorite video sites: YouTube. If you're familiar with this statement: "Sorry, this video is no longer available," you know what I mean.

As internet connections speeds sped up across the nation in the mid to late 90's, the opportunity for information proliferation increased to the nirvana-like plane known as 'video feed.' YouTube was born! It's like watching America's Funniest Home Videos forever.

For many years we have enjoyed funny videos of fainting goats to favorite comedians. But recently more and more videos are being removed from YouTube. When searching you can still find specific videos, but when you click to play them up comes the glaring message putting a quick stop to our state of humorous nirvana that comes from watching TV on the computer.

Apparently, most of the videos are removed due to some sort of copyright infringement. This I can understand. If someone isn't getting their money for their product, you can believe there's going to be a stink about it. But I have searched for videos that are very "home video" in nature and found them to be removed. This isn't right! I want my mindless entertainment back!!!

I would rather not be able to find a video on YouTube than deal with the false hope I receive after excitedly clicking on my favorite funny video only to find it "REMOVED"! It's time for the people to rise up! It's time for the crowd to affect change! We want the goats, the rednecks, and the accidents back!

We want our YouTube back.

2 comments:

Matt D. said...

Haha, I agree Nate. My favorite YouTube video of all time is the one that zooms in on the gopher's face and then he turns around and looks at the camera with his eyes wide open. You have to check it out if you haven't already seen it. There is a name for it, but I forgot. Just type in "gopher" and it will probably come up.

Chad Reed said...

while we're on the topic of YouTube, to post a video on your blog:

1)Go to the video on YouTube's site.
2)Look for the video's information in the gray box in the top right corner, and you will see 2 codes available for copy: URL and Embed (html).
3)Copy the "embed" html code.
4)Paste it on your blog entry, and make sure that the "edit html" tab has been selected and worked its magic (right beside the compose tab).

I hope that works for ya.