Monday, April 5, 2010

Reflections

Here are three more reflective theological exercises for you. They are similar to the one I posted in "Little Theologians."

Again, I invite you to fill one or all of them out on your own and post them into the comments section. I'd love to read your words. Also, as a reminder, you don't need to spend lots of time thinking about your answers; just write what comes to you first (as it is more telling about your view of self, theology, world, etc.).

Enjoy.


Gratitude
by Erin Miller

Today, I am so glad that I'm a ___________ not a ______________ (occupation). Today, I am blessed by the sounds of _________________. I am blessed by the sight of ____________________. And I am blessed by the taste of _____________________. Today, I am thankful for _____________ and _______________. And I can't wait for ___________________. Today, I am grateful and glad about it.

So then, just as you recieved Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Col. 2:6-7


I AM

I am _____________
I am _____________
I am _____________
I am _____________
God whispers to me _____________
God whispers to me _____________
God whispers to me _____________
God whispers to me _____________
God delights in my_____________
God delights in my_____________
God delights in my_____________
God delights in my_____________
I know God is with me when ____________
I know God is with me when ____________
I know God is with me when ____________
I know God is with me when ____________
I am _____________


Reflections on My Life
When dream (i.e. hope/wish), I dream of ___________.
My favorite color is ______ because it reminds me of ________.
When I think of my family, I think of ____________.
What I love most about my life is ____________.
What I would love to change about my life is _____________.
What I wish people knew about me is _____________.
What I hope my family remembers about me is _____________.
When i think of love, I think about _____________.
My most wonderful memory is ____________.

What do you think will happen when you die? ______________.
What scares me most about dying and death is _______________.
What do you look forward to with death? _______________.
My biggest hope for this world is ______________.
When i think of God, I see or I imagine _______________.
I think heaven will be like _____________.

3 comments:

Erin Miller said...

good! especially that first one on gratitude. Very thoughtful and deep and theological. Excellent authoring.

foxofbama said...

Nathan: Little off topic here but not too far.
Take a look at www.religiondispatches.org and the offering of Joshua Villines and Ed Kilgore in response to Emory proff Gary Laderman.
You may want to engage the discussion on down the road; or if not great resource for further ruminations.

The Rev. Vicki K. Hesse said...

may your blog-well never run _____! Your colleagues ______ your blogs, especially when they can ________ what you say. Amen and _______.