Monday, November 30, 2009

Fresh Christmas Music Alert!

In an older post I introduced you to an old college buddy of mine, Gary Mitchell. Gary, a musician, writes inspiriational lyrics inlayed into an always funky groovin' rhythm.

This post is to alert you to his latest project entitled "Give Love Away," a compilation of familar Christmas songs set to a new Gary-style groove. The album also has an original song, "Christmas Stories" which I think is superb.

The grinch in me: I typically first grimmace my face when corporate merchand
isers begin playing Christmas music way to early (before Thanksgiving). I am slow to get into the spirit of over-played Christmas tunes blarring out the sound of cash registers ringing.

However, Gary's new set of songs brings life back into five of the season's classics. Gary, I want more! You can go to this website and download one song or the entire set. I recommend all of them as they each have their own bit of original flare.

You can also download his last full album of original music called "Everything and Nothing." I have this album, it's one of my favorites! Gary has a knack for writing lyrics which speak to the human condition with music that keeps your head bobbing.

Thank you, Gary, for bringing some fresh Christmas mucis to my season and my soul.

Check out his website and all of his music, I promise you won't be disappointed.