Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday!

Today my relationship with my wife is 9 years old.

On Nov. 18th 2000 at about 4:30 pm in our high school band room I, a senior, asked a cute sophomore girl if she'd be my girlfriend. She was only 15 years old and I 17.

That was 108 months, or 3287 days, or 78,888 hours, or 4,733,280 minutes or 283,996,800 seconds ago! And we're still together.

We were married May 20, 2006 after five and half years of dating, and in two more days we will have been married for 3.5 years.

We have two daughters, Dakota and Lola. Each have four legs and tail and floppy ears. They are beautiful and we love them so very much.

Birthdays are days to celebrate the beginning. And today, I am celebrating the start of the most precious, loving, intimate, worthy relationship of my life.

Together, Heather and I have skied mountains, flown on planes, visited other countries, bought Christmas presents for a struggling family, enjoyed an eight day cruise, supported each other through college and grad school, cried together, and been an integral part of one another's life development.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you, Heather, for being my girlfriend, high school sweet heart, bride and life companion. Happy birthday to us!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Happy Relationship Birthday! You're so sweet to remember and mark THIS day in addition to your anniversary.

Erin Miller said...

So sweet! It warmed my heart - wait maybe that's my fever talking. I want to see a picture of you two at 15 and 17!

The Rev. Vicki K. Hesse said...

Watch over these children, O Lord, as their days increase; bless and guide them wherever they may be. Strengthen them when they stand, comfort them when discouraged or sorrowful; raise them up when they fall; and in their hearts may your peace which passes understanding abide all the days of their life; through Jesus Christ ou Lord.AMEN!

lance said...

nice post nathan :)

looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend

Robert L said...

Happy BIRTHDAYY!! I have only been with Anna for about 5 years. Man, you are kind of old...
Maybe when we have been together that long, I will be that sweet. You're making me cry here. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!